Student Council Overview
Junior high and high school student leaders are selected by their class in the fall to represent them in the student government body. This group helps the faculty maintain an open spiritual climate, plans recreational and service-oriented activities, and represents the student body. This is a wonderful opportunity to serve others and develop leadership skills.
President: Olivia Verduin
Vice President: Cassie DeVries
Secretary: Morgan Schipper
2021-2022 Class Representatives
- Thanksgiving baskets
- Support of Byron Ministries and various food pantries
Community Building Activities
- Student Mixer: Students get to know each other in a more casual setting and welcome new students to the school
- Spirit Days: Themed days, complete with treats!
- PowderPuff Football and Ironman Volleyball: Girls participate in a friendly football game and the guys recriprocate on the volleyball court
- Homecoming Week: In conjunction with basketball game
- Bonfire: Provides students an opportunity to interact with their peers in a relaxed environment
- Hymn Sings: Done in local nursing homes, including Byron Manor
- Christmas Caroling